I have a curiosity for how people move and inhabit their bodies. This has been the inspiration for my 18 years of teaching. Yoga is many things to many people, for me, the value is in an attention to and care for how we move as we go about the everyday. A sense of practicing a range of movement, so when change comes into our lives, we have the potential to go with it.
I have taught yoga classes to people from 4-93 years of age and have discovered something from each of them. I am always seeking to learn and hence inform my teaching and practice, Here are a few highlights of the training behind my teaching:
• British Wheel of Yoga Teacher Training
• MPhil (Ecology of Perception: Yoga as a Dancing Ecology)
• Training in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
• Youth Mindfulness Instructor
• Yoga for Healthy Lower Backs
• Yoga as a Therapy for Children with Developmental Challenges
• Certified Laughter Yoga Leader
Gentle yoga is for anyone looking to encourage a healthy range of movement. In the class we practice simple standing and floor-based postures intended to bring ease and comfort into your everyday life and develop your sense of wellbeing. It is the perfect complement to our everyday habits and is intended to open one up to a choice of movement.
The Gentle Yoga group is extremely welcoming and a pleasure to be amongst. The class is suitable for all, but perhaps it is best to come along for a session and experience how it makes you feel. Please come in comfortable clothing.