The Movement Studio has conducted a thorough risk assessment to ensure adequate levels of safety in the building are implemented and maintained. We are following the most up-to-date Government and Health Protection Scotland guidance and put in place stringent patient triage, hygiene, sanitation and infection control protocols to protect our patients / clients and team members. Despite these precautions, there is a risk of transmission of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and it is important that you understand the risk.
Precautions that The Movement Studio has in place:
All patients contacting us for an appointment have to satisfy a Level 1 remote triage to establish whether symptoms are present, if they are self-isolating, if anyone in their household has symptoms or is self-isolating, or they have been in contact with anyone with COVID-19 symptoms.
We enforce a strict policy that anyone with any COVID-19 symptoms must stay away from The Movement Studio
A second triage is conducted at The Movement Studio, including temperature check.
A strict cleaning, sanitation and infection control protocol is adhered to.
All team members at The Movement Studio adhere to the social distancing guidance issued by Government.
The layout of the practice has been adapted to maintain social distancing.
Patients waiting are restricted to one at any time and a 2-metre distance will be enforced between patients and non-clinical team members.
Therapists will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment for your protection.
Clients must not attend If
- They have Covid-19 symptoms such as a high temperature, a new continuous cough, or loss or change to their sense of smell or taste
- They have been in contact with someone that has been diagnosed with or has symptoms of the virus
- They have been contacted by Test and Protect personnel and told to self-isolate for 14 days.
- Arrive promptly for your appointment.
- Please wear a face covering for entering and exiting the building and if required during your treatment.
- The waiting area will not be available.
- On arrival please sanitise hands as you enter the building. A sanitising station is positioned on the right hand side as you enter.
- Make your way up the stairs you will be met by your therapist who will take your temperature. You will be shown to the treatment room where you must complete the Covid-19 safety form if you have not done so before arrival.
- Your therapist is in charge of procedures during your treatment.
- Hand gel is available for use throughout your session if required.
- Observe 2m distancing whenever possible.
- Understand and practice the catch it, bin it, kill it procedures for coughs and sneezes.
- Tissues will be provided in each room.
- Avoid touching your mouth, eyes and nose as much as possible.
- Leave promptly to reduce potential congestion in the reception area.
Appointment times will be staggered to reduce congestion with a 15 minute gap in between each appointments to allow for cleaning.
All equipment and touchpoints will be sanitised prior to your session.
When possible we will be working with the windows open. You may want to bring extra clothing to take account of this.
Please bring your own water.
Waiting in the reception area before or after your session is not permitted at this time. The usual 24 hour cancellation policy will be waived if a cancellation is Covid related but remains in place for any other short notice cancellation.